For those businesses who want their technology to work without having to constantly fiddle with settings or worry about installing the latest patches, IT-in-a-Box is a fully-managed Windows desktop that Just Works. We developed this after feedback from our customers saying that staying current on their technology was a hassle and a distraction, especially for businesses that don’t have (or don’t want to have) a full-time IT person.
To you, it looks like a normal, Windows desktop. You can use all your regular applications and everything is configured to work together without any customization needed on your end. What you’ll get with our solution is:
- A secured, managed Windows desktop. Patching, encryption and over 1,000 other settings will all be configured for you to ensure your data, and your customers’ data, stays safe and secure.
- A fully functional, unlimited video conferencing system that allows you to have professional video calls with internal employees and external customers.
- Easy-to-use, industry leading Multifactor Authentication (MFA)
- An easy-to-use, secure file sharing platform to allow you to share files with internal employees or external customers.
- A secure, managed email box that supports your custom domain name. If you don’t have a domain name, we can help you select one and set it up for use on our platform.
- Advanced anti-phishing controls built-in, with no extra configuration required.
- Advanced firewall and blocking capabilities. Don’t do business internationally? We can block all login attempts from non-US locations with ease and protect you against the most common international attackers.
- All your files are backed up, with multiple versions stored for safekeeping. Restoring from a ransomware attack becomes as simple as a few clicks and can be done in under 30 minutes.
- Web-based versions of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. These versions are great for 90%+ of use cases. For power users, we also offer the full desktop versions as an additional option.
- All your files and email are also available via your iOS or Android mobile device – no extra charge.
- Fully compliant with all major regulations, including PCI, FTC Safeguard rule, GLBA and others.
- (Optional) A full-featured phone system for you and your employees.
- (Optional) The latest desktop versions of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. We ensure these applications stay patched and current as well.
- (Optional) Advanced monitoring capabilities to detect risky and suspicious logins.
As long as your desktop or laptop is less than 5 years old and can run Windows 10 or Windows 11, our managed platform will run on it. There are no special agents or software packages to install – we handle everything behind the scenes. And the pricing is surprisingly reasonable and offered on a per-employee, per-month basis, with discounts for longer term contracts.